Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Want to Stay on China Time!

We couldn't be happier about the medical news about Eden's palate. Now our immediate challenge is getting our two girls to get back to Pacific Time. Our days go something like this...

12am - Eden wakes up from what she thinks is just a nap. Malia is finally dead asleep.

3:30 - 3:45am - After much protest, Baba finally gets Eden to fall back sleep.

4:30am - Malia wakes up from what she thinks is a hybrid nap/nighttime sleep. Her day officially starts.

9am - Eden wakes up from her slumber.

12pm - Eden dozes off wherever we are... car seat or stroller. We move her over to the crib.

2pm - After an hour or more of restlessness and protest, Malia finally falls asleep for her nap.

2:30pm - Eden wakes up from her nap.

5:30pm - We wake up Malia from her nap to try to get her back on schedule.

8pm - Eden dozes off wherever we are... car seat, stroller or in my arms. We move her over to the crib.

10:30pm - After an hour or two of restless rolling around and constant pestering of Mama, Malia falls asleep.

12am - Eden wakes up, ready to party... and the cycle starts over again.

This is our wacky world right now. Compared to dealing with the prospects of multiple cleft palate surgeries, we'll take a little prolonged jetlag in the trade-off any day.

Here's an extended glimpse of what it's like to try to have a conversation with Eden... we think it's babble, but maybe some of you Mandarin speakers can help us discern if there are actual Chinese words being spoken... Malia tries to be interpreter for us...

7 comments:

Forever Young said...

I feel your pain.. jet lag was THE worse part of the whole China trip for us and it went on for almost 2 wks!! All I can say is ambien and benadryl... altho i respect your decision if you do not want to use benadryl

pauline725 said...

haha. keep the videos coming! :D that sounds like a crazy schedule! sorry i cant be there to help out with things! :(

Paul said...

Seriously, PJ, we need you to come home soon!

Minah Choi said...

Wow! I was getting tired just reading the schedule. I'll pray that it will quickly pass. Hang in there and try to get some rest!

Grace said...

Paul & Eliza,
Your blogs were such a blessing to read...thank the Lord for so many answered prayers...I've been praying about the jetlag from Day 1. <=) God bless you guys!!!! Love, The Lees

Unknown said...

Guys, I will never complain about my schedule again after reading what you're going through. I hope some resemblance of a normal schedule returns soon. Hang in there!

Max & Miles said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... just praying for some consistency (no, you got that), normalcy to your schedule! ;)

thanks for continuing to post!