We got our travel dates last Friday and are tentatively scheduled to be in China from May 21 to June 4! We didn't exactly scream it from the rooftops when we found out because we were actually a little disappointed that we didn't make it into the May 7 group. We had been praying we'd be in the May 7 group and had heard that the others who got their Travel Approval the same day as us were all going on May 7. So even though it's big news that we have our dates, we've had to get over the initial disappointment.
I've found that when I'm struggling with the absolute lack of control I have over this adoption process, or when I'm worrying about how Eden is doing and sad that I'm not with her, the act of worship is the only thing that gives me peace. I have to continually reflect on His character and greatness to put my world in perspective and be comforted. It's been good for me.
6 more weeks to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are so excited for you and keep you in our prayers. I hope this last 6 weeks goes so fast!
Eliza and Paul, this is great. Something concrete finally! And sounds like Malia will be going too. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. We're super excited for you.
Thank you E for your example of trust and faith in God and His timing for you all.. I SO SO SO know the feelings.
Wow, we are excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures of you with Eden when you bring her home.
Post a Comment