Some of you might be wondering why we don't update our blog more frequently. Well, it's mostly because we have very little new information to report. Ever since we got matched last August, it has felt like an interminable waiting game.
I have to confess that it is very hard to be patient. Eliza and I take turns wanting to punch a hole in the wall, scream... find some form of taking our frustrations out. We feel so helpless. Worst yet, it seems like our process is going slower than nearly any other family in our program (based on a sampling of forum and blog updates by other families). All the while, we try to find solace in each other and keep up hope that this process will soon come to an end.
Today we got some news. It arrives in trickles. Baby steps. Here's what the email from our agency said:
I wanted to let you know that we received word that your Article 5 was picked up and forwarded to the CCAA today, (Thursday.) We estimate that your travel approval should arrive in our office in the next 3-4 weeks. When your TA arrives in our office, we will let you know via email, and then start working on your travel arrangements. Families typically travel to China 3-4 weeks after their TA arrives in our office.
Those estimates have not been accurate for us. Thus far, every step has taken longer than the long estimate. But if we project out based on those estimates, we'll be in China in late April or early May. At this point, we'll take it.
For those of you who are praying for us, we do covet those prayers. We want to believe that God has perfect timing. Right now, in this moment, I have to frankly confess... my faith is being tested.
I just want Eden home.
1 comment:
I pray that things would go faster than expected this time. I'm so excited for you.
We are moving back to NYC at the end of March and then we can begin our adoption process!
Post a Comment