I joined a yahoo group a few months ago for parents who've adopted or are in the process of adopting children from Eden's SWI (Social Welfare Institute). Through that I met a couple of women who run a non-profit called Dianjiang Kids International. Their purpose is to raise funds and awareness so they can improve the quality of life for the children at the SWI.
Well, we received a total gift today when these women took a trip to China to check on the projects they've funded. I had given them Eden's Chinese name and asked if they could possibly look out for her and let me know how she's doing. They did better than that. They sent me 4 pictures of her and said they have some video footage of her that they'll send to me when they get back to the States!
As we've been bemoaning in this process, we've gotten no updated photos of Eden other than her referral photos from last April, and not much information on how she's doing or whether she was moved into a foster home. Getting these pictures and knowing they saw her was such an unexpected blessing and answer to our prayers.
In their words, Eden was "shy, but oh so sweet"!
11 comments:
Aw, she's beautiful and you can tell she's a sweet little girl. Can't wait to meet her.
She's beautiful, Eliza and Paul! What a great gift!
WOW!!! what a surprise and blessing! eden is adorable!
She is just beautiful! So happy you were able to receive this precious gift.
She is beautiful! We are praying that this will wrap up soon! We can't wait to meet her.
Tina and I loved looking at these pictures of Eden. We were just talking about her at dinner tonight!
It is just like the Lord to give you this sweet encouragement as the frustrating wait continues. Hopefully you will be together as a family soon. Eden is precious and does look very sweet!
YA for you! I was just on their website when my sis fwded your e-mail... (they also went to our son's SWI too!)
Two gifts from God indeed! The photos received just when you needed encouragement and the beauty of this little girl named Eden!
What a blessing! Eden is adorable and I can't wait to meet her and give her a big hug.
Aww, what a sweet gift from God. I'm so glad for you. I think she kinda looks like Malia.
Post a Comment