What I tell most people now is that, when we have a moment to look at it in the big picture, there's no doubt that Eden is showing great signs of adjusting well. But ask Eliza or me in one of our not-so-cheery moments, and we'll probably give you a much more gritty answer out of either exhaustion, exasperation or a combination of both.
It's really nice to see Malia and Eden playing together in relative calm and peace. Malia is definitely showing more and more signs of being the nurturing big sister. Sometimes Malia even tries to help Mom or Dad empathize more with her mei mei (little sister) by telling us, "She's trying to say____" or "She doesn't know better" or "I think Eden wants______." It's really cute, and becoming less rare. :)
One of the first signs of bad parenting on our part was trying to get Eden to get hooked on TV... we just need the break once in awhile because she's a nonstop whirlwind otherwise. Well, as Diego says, "Mision completa!"... as evidenced by this video.
5 comments:
Those videos are too sweet! Those girls are going to grow up to be best of friends!
adorable.
thank you for these videos!!! they're just what i need to get me through these next two weeks until i come home! :D
First of all, your girls are beautiful!
Second of all, we definitely felt those same struggles when we first brought our little guy home. There was a lot more to attaching than we even anticipated. I thought the book, Attaching in Adoption was helpful (however, I think it was a little while until I got to reading it due to lack of sleep :) We really don't remember those first three months!
However, I am happy to report that he is a very well-adjusted and extremely attached 3 year old now! So, be encouraged! There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. And, there is certainly nothing wrong with a little TV in the meantime! :)
Love the happy dance! adorable!
Post a Comment