Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Her Name Is Eden

First of all, thank you to all for being so diligent about keeping up with our process, asking us how things are going, and if our LOA (Letter of Acceptance) has arrived yet. It really means a lot to us to know you're involved and helps to remind us that we are not alone.
I spoke with Holt about 2 weeks ago and they said they had contacted the CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs) to find out where our LOA was. They were told our dossier was still in the translation department and maybe by the end of October or early November we would get it! So we're praying it's soon, but still know that there are no guarantees.
I had posed the name Eden to Paul months ago and he wanted time to mull it over and make sure it felt right. Well, after holding out on me for a few months he finally told me on Sunday, "Okay, it's Eden." :) We will keep her Chinese name, Qinying, as her middle name and now have to work on getting Malia to call her Eden. We've been referring to her as "baby sister Qinying" for the last few months so she's a little confused about who Eden is.

4 comments:

Minah Choi said...

Love the name Eden. I can't wait to meet her!

ellen said...

Oh I hope it's soon. Can't wait to meet little Eden.

We are considering working with Holt ourselves - we wanted to, but given we don't know which state we might be in next 6 months (in case you didn't know - Will's actively looking for a new job) it makes picking an agency difficult. Argggghhhh...

ellen said...

Hey Paul,
Hope you are doing well. I just thought about you because I had a lovely meal with Albert Oh yesterday. He was in MN for business. It was so good to see him.

Helen said...

I just rec'd your card today and was so thrilled to read that you guys are still in the adoption process. God is good and faithful.